1. What is spirit writing also called?
2. What is another name for automatic writing?
3. How is automatic writing different than spirit writing?
4. What is ectoplasm?
5. What is an apport?
6. What is an asport?
7. What is a “manifestation”?
8. What is materialization (also called ectoplasm materialization)?
9. What is transfiguration?
10. What is levitation?
Scroll down for the answers.
1. What is spirit writing also called? Slate writing. This is a form of physical mediumship where the medium does not do the actual writing – a spirit does it.
2. What is another name for automatic writing? Inspirational writing.
3. How is automatic writing different than spirit writing? In automatic writing, the spirit works through the medium, inspiring or influencing the medium by dictating, in a sense, what is to be written. In spirit writing, a spirit entity does the writing through the use of ectoplasm.
4. What is ectoplasm? An organic compound contained within the cells of a person’s body. It is drawn from the medium and is used by spirits for producing physical phenomena.
5. What is an apport? A physical object that is brought from the spirit plane to the earth plane.
6. What is an asport? The opposite of an apport; it is an object removed by spirit from a room, generally during a seance.
7. What is a “manifestation”? The appearance of spirit phenomena in a form that is evident to the senses of the observer.
8. What is materialization (also called ectoplasm materialization)? The ability to bring about, at will, a manifestation of a deceased person, in whole or in part using ectoplasm; visible to the physical eye under infrared lighting.
9. What is transfiguration? Changes in the facial appearance of a medium. It may also be reflected in the medium’s body. Observers in attendance at a séance, healing circle or channeling can see changes in the facial features of the medium or the appearance of the body moving when the body is actually still.
10. What is levitation? When people or objects such as a chair, table or trumpet are levitated, raised or suspended in the air without the use of any physical means to accomplish it.